If you’re wondering how to edit a vlog and then you’re not alone in this. A lot of YouTube and Vlogging starters suffer from this editing syndrome in which they’re afraid of recording, editing, and finalizing the videos. And trust me, the vlog editing looks so horrible until you get started with it.
But let me tell you the purpose of this brief tutorial. It is written to help guide you and to explain it to you that vlog editing isn’t scary at all. You’d probably fall in love with it if you’re really into vlogging. The reason is that when you know the basic tools inside your editing software, the options are open to you and you can tweak a lot to make things work and play with the effects and that’s where the creativity heightens your interest in vlogging. For instance, adding the music, making a timelapse, iterate a particular dialogue etc.
Let’s be honest. Nobody likes the raw footage on YouTube. The more you cut the clutter, the easier it becomes to digest the content. The video editing is something that we don’t need to master at this in order to get started with vlogging. In fact, all we need to have a solution in our PC or mobile phone to at least cut-short the video clip and combine a few clips to make a reasonably long film to upload on YouTube.
I’ve got a bunch of solutions to share with you. You can get your hands on any of them and get started with your vlogging. Take a look at the softwares/apps to get started with your vlog editing:
- iMovie: If you’re a Mac user, you probably know about iMovie. If you haven’t stumbled upon it, then find it in your MacOS and you’ll definitely come to know about it. It could be an amazing solution for your vlog editing.
- Movie Maker: If you’re a Windows user, this is your default video editing software. It’s a handy tool for starters. Let’s get started and make your videos off the ground.
- Filmora: Filmora is an affordable video editing software for vlogging starters and YouTubers. It’s cost-effective, easy-to-use, and solutions-oriented software that does everything that any full-fledged and expensive editing software does. (Read: Filmora Review)
- Pocket.Video: Pocket.Video is a phone video editor. It’s useful if you’re vlogging with your phone and you want to upload the video without much editing. It’s available for both Android and iPhone.
- Video Editor: Video Editor is an Android app that works as a video editor on your phone. It could be useful for phone vloggers.
Now, you’ve got a few solutions in hand. Pick up any of the available options you’re comfortable with and get started with your vlogging. Make sure you know that it’s a long journey. It’s no quick cash game. You have to be consistent, enthusiastic, and passionate about vlogging in order to succeed.
What would you choose to edit your vlog?
section. Some of the links in the blog posts might be affiliates, which means if you buy the product through these links, we may make a small commission but it won't cost you any extra money.